Temporary Senior Engineer (Civil)
Jobs in Transport and Main Roads
So, why join us?
Imagine being challenged daily, given clear paths for professional training and career development and having the ability to transfer to some of the most beautiful regions in Australia.
You will be working for:
• an organisation that connects Queensland through integrated transport systems
• a department that contributes to the well-being of the larger community
• an employer that values your talent, skills and knowledge and encourages you to excel in your chosen field.
Transport and Main Roads adopts a variety of approaches when developing its people by using:
• induction programs
• training and development opportunities
• management and leadership programs tailored to different levels of staff
• paid tertiary study (subject to approval).
We can offer you other benefits such as:
• a flexible 36.25-hour working week
• work and life balance including flexible work arrangements
• generous leave, including
o 4 weeks annual leave
o annual leave loading
o 2 weeks sick leave per year
o long-service leave after 7 years
o personal leave
o maternity and paternity leave
• generous superannuation (employer contribution of up to 12.75%)
• salary sacrificing
• paid overtime.
• A Degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent Civil Engineering qualification which is accepted by Engineers Australia is a requirement of this position
• Registration as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) is mandatory for permanent appointment to the position.
• Unregistered applicants are encouraged to apply for the position provided they are eligible for registration in accordance with the Professional Engineers Act 2002.
• If the preferred candidate is not a current RPEQ a six month temporary appointment to the position may be offered, with the appointee to be directly supervised locally by a Transport and Main Roads employee with RPEQ membership.
• The temporary employee will be required to provide evidence of an application for registration within two months of commencement and have attained RPEQ status within six months of commencement. If these requirements are not met temporary employment will cease.
• Permanent appointment (where the position has been advertised permanently) will be approved as soon as evidence of current RPEQ status is provided.
• Current holder of a car driver's licence.
For more information, please refer to the attached Position Description and Role Statement
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Job Ad Reference: QLD/342290/20
Closing Date: Thursday, 16 April 2020